Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 20 :: March 19 [Thursday]

Read:
1 John 4:7-21

Reflect:
When it all boils down, one of the main things lost in the Garden of Eden is relationship. We have been separated from God and from each other. And just as we are broken in relationship, there is the possibility of being redeemed in relationship. The cross of Christ show us that redemption comes through relationship. Part of God’s remedy in fitting us back together comes through transformational relationship.
  • What comes to mind when you think of a “good relationship”
1 John 4.7-21 provides a good picture for us. Spend some time meditating in this passage.
  • What is the one element of relationship repeated over and over again in this passage?
  • What is love?
  • Where is the source of love?
  • How does love transform?
Respond:
Lord, You have invited me to pray for the needs of others, and since You desire what is best for them, I take this opportunity to bring these requests to You. May I be of the same mind with others; instead of being haughty in mind or wise in my own estimation, let me associate with the humble. (Romans 12.16) If it is possible, as far as it depends on me, let me live at peace with all men. (Romans 12.18)

Take some time to lift up the needs of your family and friends, and other needs that the Lord brings to mind.

No comments: