Friday, April 3, 2009

Day 33 :: 3 April [Friday]

Read:
1 Corinthians 9:19-23

Reflect:
  • How does Paul view himself in relation to others?
  • How do you see yourself in relation to the people in your life?
  • How can you become more “like the people around you” without compromising the gospel in your own life?
  • What would this look like?
  • As you do this, what are some of the benefits that might come to the people you know?
  • What is Paul’s greatest desire, as described in this passage?
  • What do you want to be different about the world or about the church or about someone’s life because YOU lived?
Respond:
God, you have loved me with an everlasting love and I am grateful. Give me that same kind of love for the people all around me: my friends, the people I work with, my family, and yes, Lord, even those who I find it difficult to get along with. I confess to you that I think more about myself than about other people and thank you for forgiveness.

No comments: